- To be a Center of Excellence, a preferred partner and leader in youth entrepreneurship and work readiness.
- JA Eswatini instils an entrepreneurship culture into In and Out of School Youth and empowers them
with economic and financial literacy while exposing them to the workplace.
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people.
- Commitment to the principles of economics and entrepreneurship.
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it.
- Respect for the talent, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals.
- Conviction in the education and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning.
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- To assist In-school students to learn business management and entrepreneurship concepts.
- To expose In-school students to practical means of starting and managing a business.
- To assist In-school students to develop knowledge of personal finance regardless of
level of income.
- To provide students with an opportunity to test their interest in a particular careers
- To assist JA alumni and unemployed youth to turn their business ideas into profitable
and sustainable businesses.
- To equip JA alumni and unemployed youth with resource mobilization skills for their businesses.
Background of Junior Achievement Eswatini (JAE)
Eswatini has been among the slow growing economies on the continent. This is mainly due to the shortage of entrepreneurial skills in the youth. The lack of such skills has also
lowered the effectiveness of potential young entrepreneurs and the rate of youth start-ups
(Zuzan Brixiova, 2009). At present, a civil service occupation and career is the central
drive for Swazi youth whereas the structures providing these opportunities are insufficient. Junior Achievement Eswatini (JAE), exists for the purpose of equipping the youth with
the much needed financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship skills, enabling
the youth to contribute and succeed in the local and global economy.
JAE is a not for profit organisation, and a Member of JA Worldwide established in the
country in 2007 and officially launched in 2009 by the Minister of Education and Training. JA
is an organization that offers business and entrepreneurial education programs to young
people aged between 14-35 years. JA is a trend-setter in investing and encouraging young
people to own their future economic success in the 21st century global marketplace by
focusing on the impact areas of youth, education and economic development.
- April 2013: Through the support of the Commonwealth Secretariat, JA launched the
new extended JA program in partnership with University of Eswatini’s (UNISWA)
Entrepreneurship Business and Development Centre (EBDC).
- March 2011: JA Executive and Leadership forum for all the JA African countries hosted
by JA Eswatini for the first time; graced by the country’s Premier, JAWW President &
CEO Sean Rush and Leadership from the Africa Region.
- September 2011: Endorsement of JA programs by the U.S Ambassador, His Excellency
Amb. Earl Irving during the 2011 JA Company Program National Expo.
- Jan 2011—JA is recognized as a strategic partner by the Ministry of Education and
Training, Career Guidance and Counseling under the Life Skills pillar/category.
- September 2010 JA Expo – Guests speaker His Excellency the Prime Minister of the
Kingdom of Eswatini, Dr. Sibusiso Dlamini. The Premier endorsed the JA programs,
terming them relevant and important to economic development of the country. The
Premier encouraged the local business community to invest in youth, through the
JA’s enterprise development programs.
- December 2016-JAE represented by Mjingo High School learners through their mini company Hawks
Arts successfully defended the Regional Company of the year title when they managed
to make it a 4th time win for JAE among other 13 African countries. This has positioned
JAE as a trend setter in cultivating a generative of creative and innovative thinkers in as far as
entrepreneurship is concerned.
- December 2015- JAE won company of the year championship hosted in Gabon emerging
victorious against 13 other African countries. JAE was represented by Manzini Nazarene
High School’s Econovative Productions PTY LTD, a company making doggy pellets out of
left over waste food. The company also developed thermo bags through the use of fabric
and Styrofoam to create an energy saver cooker.
- December 2013: JAE in collaboration with Junior Achievement Africa hosts the
JA Africa Regional Company of the Year Competition in Ezulwini, with participants
from 10 countries from across Africa namely; Mauritius, Uganda, Nigeria, Botswana,
South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Eswatini, Zimbabwe and Namibia.
- In 2012, London Based Swazi Billionaire, Nathan Kirsh through his Kirsh Family Foundation
contributed to JA Eswatini an amount of $50 000. This amount has been consistently received over
the years. This amount enabled the expansion of JA programs. Project uptake in schools has also
increased over the years. From 2012 to present date, the programs ‘receipt has increased by 34%
among the schools in Eswatini. The private sector has also shown support to JA Eswatini
with the cumulative amount from 2012 rising up to E6, 116, 067 to the year 2014.
- October 2011—Defending Champions Lusoti High School won the 2nd Annual JA AfricaCompany of
the Year Competition held in Ghana, with a business concept that thejudges in Ghana termed
as “ground breaking.” The Mini Company produced organic vegetables using waste material and
no soil as a growing medium.
- 2010-The Junior Achievement Company Program competition was piloted and Eswatini
was well represented by Lusoti High School who produced chalk, an innovative product
which won them the regional competition champion tittle. This was a huge milestone
for JAE to have achieved at African Regional level. October 2010: Eswatini represented
by Lusoti High School wins inaugural Company Africa Region Competition held in Nairobi, Kenya.
Sign Up for JA Eswatini Newsletter
Copyright 2019 © Junior Achievement Eswatini (JAE)
Designed by De Cocky Company | Coded by Pronet SD